Friday, July 3, 2015

Chef G is serving tonight

With the continuing bounty emergind from our garden, we need to use some this stuff before it gets too ripe and I feel bad for wasting. So G and I started scouring the internet to find some tasty ideas. Finally, after almost minutes of Pinterest investigation, we settled on Tomato Pie. I have made them before...I don't eat them due to my embarrassing impairment of being a cheese hater. G and the others like it, well maybe not S since she has an issue with leted cheese. We have weird food issues, but I digress. G picked the tomatoes and the cut the basil from the plant. She chopped herbs, crimped crust, sliced and salted the maters to draw some of the moisture out and filled the crusts with all the fruits of her labors:



The kitchen smelled heavenly and everybody had some rumbles in their stomachs. Soon the timer beeped and her creations emerged from the oven:



The stray crust is from the pie I crimped the crust on for her. I totally broke the pretty off as I pulled it out of the oven. Oh well. Tummies were satisfied and the chef is snuggling with her dog and watching the US Men's Nat'l Team play Guatemala on TV(they are in Nashville tonight).

Time for the chef's sous chef and dish washer to get a shower and relax. Night all.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment