Friday, July 17, 2015

Not sure what to say

I'm just kind of blah this evening and am unsure as to what to talk about. My two youngest leave Sunday for camp. The oldest is starting week two of band camp. I feel bad for her. She loves it, but the long practices combined with camps and time spent away with family has left her kind of isolated from her friends. What comes off as not spending time with her friends is in reality trying to fit life in to a very small period of time. Teens are social beings for the most part and she craves time with her friends, but she also craves family time. We don't have the benefit of grandparents in town so she and her siblings have to take their opportunities to see them when they can. I hope life will return to the usual crazy kind of normal when school starts...but school can stay away for a little longer.

I am also dull and numb from the tragedy that occurred in our close neighbor, Chattanooga. Not only do we have Marines and other military in our circle of friends and family, but a family member's brother is a police detective there as well. Such a senseless act from such a young man. I'm not going to bring religion or terrorism or any of that into it at this point. A 24 year old man killed and wounded people and brought fear and shock throughout not just the city or the state, but the country. I pray for all involved and all who are now having to get involved because of the actions of a 24 year old. Just makes me want to hold my babies tighter.

Tomorrow's a new day. The sun will rise again and good things will happen and good people are out there. I will keep that in my mind and remember that good always wins in the end.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment