Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Try me, kid

Day two off VBS and I am not in jail. I kid...I kid. The second day is always a bit calmer than the first day. We are well into our snack preparation, outfitted with a well-oiled machine of a team, a few new ones happily joining us and a few of the faithful sorely missed. We made Shield of God cookies today. Knights had shields...not sure they were shaped like Captain America's, but the kids could care less. They had icing on them and that is really all that mattered. Tomorrow, jeweled brownie crowns. We've had fun.

Today was a true monsoon day and I was exhausted when we got home. Lunch was consumed and then we all snuggled up on the couch to enjoy a movie while in was dark and rainy. I may have checked my eyelids for holes, waking up just in time to discover the kids had flipped channels and found "Bridezillas". Luckily they were only about 5 minutes in and I quickly saved the day, and what was left of my parental credibility, and turned on Monsters Inc.. Insert sigh of relief here. After dinner I discovered that, while feeding the 300 at VBS, I had limited resources for feeding the 5 at my own home. The kids were a bit squirrely from their rainy day inside time, so we figured the little jaunt would do them good. It turned, instead, into a "Let's touch everything in the store" episode again. I should know better than to involve them in serious shopping when they are overtired. After the display of Kroger brand Zyrtec was caught right before it hit the floor(which was a legitimate mistake), I looked at the offenders and said, "You reach that arm out again and you'll pull back a bloody stump." So, I tend to overdramatize for the effect it sometimes gives. Everyone was included in the gory warning, whether they were involved or not. The girls looked disturbed and genuinely concerned. The boy, who was sleepy to the giddy point, started laughing. "I do NOT know what that means, but you said 'stump'! HAHAHAHA!!!!".

Stick a fork in me. Mama's done.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment