Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My son, the six year old Barry White

I love my son. I love all my children, I do. But that boy comes out with some of the strangest and funniest things and I really have no idea from where they come. He's quick and smart. Again, not playing favorites, but he just is on a whole other plane of something than most people.

After picking up G from her class today, she proceeded to tell me about the fact that she and her classmate, and lifelong friend, are boyfriend and girlfriend again. Apparently on the trip over to class, the two of them had a deep discussion chronicling their history, including supposed break ups and reconciliations. An aside...I am one of those strict moms who does not encourage all that stuff and has not let my middle schooler date. There is time for that business down the line. I was not allowed to date until 16. Period. I digress. Her friend's family and I have know each other since his mother and I were their age, so we both understand the innocence in the relationship. When G told us that they were together, the boy said, "Did you both agree to this? Was it mu-tu-AL?". When she said that they had both agreed to the relationship, the boy said, in his best future first grader Barry White voice, "Guuurrrl. Why you have to grow up so FAST?". Let me say, I don't make a habit of playing Barry White(though I like him just fine) for them, but they have heard me sing "Your my first, my last, my everything", more than once. Then he said, "Love is in the air...very young love." Luckily we were coming to a stop at the light or I may have run off the road. Between that light and the next, he used the terms "metaphorically speaking" and "persistent cough"...correctly. My head hurts. Too many potential comments and no way to get them all out. Soooo, I'll go to bed. Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Fenwood Dr,Knoxville,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment