Monday, June 17, 2013

Tennis elbow? No, VBS hip

The first day of VBS has come and gone. It is always a bit chaotic that first morning, but we powered through. I did have to reimagine snack for one of the children. They have decided to bring snack from home and I can't say I blame them. The allergy to eggs was described as making them throw up from their toes. Pretty harsh, I must say. I don't want any part of making that happen, so I spent some time at the grocery store this evening looking for alternatives. We'll see if she likes them.

Tonight we got to sample offerings from the garden at dinner. Just herbs, but yummy just the same. We had cold cucumbers with vinegar and fresh dill:



It was a hit all the way around. We have a tin full of different dinner games that my sister in law gave us and use it quite often. After a rousing game of seeing who would falter first naming the most presidents(one of the kids faltered by saying "William Henry Seacrest"...I'll let you guess which one while I taste the failure of my parenting skills), they decided to play telephone. The girls got so into coming up with phrases to say:



The boy has lots of gifts, but this game is not one of them. When your personal whisper is the same volume as most people's stadium voice, you never get a messed up message. Either way, the kids were rolling and red faced with laughter when the final message was announced. It doesn't get much better than that.

VBS day two is coming up. I may try to get a sympathy foot rub from my dear sweet husband. The crazy snack lady works on unforgiving floors. My feet feel as though they may fall off soon. Night all.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment