Thursday, June 6, 2013

Swimming pool protocol

Our church had its family swim night tonight at one of the community pools. While we usually provide the food in the style of hot dogs and fixings, this year was a bring your own picnic kind of deal. Hey, friends, I can rock a picnic dinner no problem. What I cannot seem to do is get into a bathing suit and be seen by half the church whilst in it. I have to work there and maintain some sort of level of respect from people. Now vacation was a different animal all together. Aside from the freakish encounter on a childhood family trip to Europe where we ran into a former coworker of my father's in an Italian hotel, I doubt that we will run into many of the people who stayed in the Animal Kingdom Resort any time soon. If I go into the vacation pool, who cares? No one is going to see me walking around the streets in my Tennessee town...or at least they won't recognize me. But bathing suit with my church family? I love 'em but, no way.

After spending nearly three hours in the pool, I can only imagine that this will be an interesting night at our house. G kept count and went off the high dive eighteen times. Just the high dive. If she is able to crawl out of her top bunk with ease tomorrow, I will be shocked. S went off the high dive several times, with her final dive turning into a bellyflop off the high dive. Yowch. THe boy? Well, the boy has a distinct swimming style that involves imbibing half the pool while he moves about. Sure he stays hydrated in the summer weather, but when his bladder finally lets loose he could pressure wash the sidewalk. Sorry for that visual. It was unnecessary but extrememly accurate. Needless to say, we may have some unexpected wardrobe changes in the night. I'm watching an always scary episode of Hannibal, so I may be up contemplating giving up meat as I always am after witnessing what Dr. Lecter does every episode.

Sleep tight, gentle readers. Dr. Gideon just massacred an ambulance of men. This is going to get interesting.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. One thing about the Kiss band is that, it gave a different concept of what rock music is and this what, made the group different and unique, from the other bands.
    interesting facts about kissing

    ReplyDelete