Sunday, June 16, 2013

Calm before the castle

As I sit here watching an extra bloody and gross season premiere of True Blood, I am enjoying the last bit of calm before the storm of Kingdom Rock hits our life. Being in children's ministry at the church, this is kind of our Super Bowl. We have prepared for a long time, planning knight and medieval type decorations, turning our sanctuary into a castle. I am once again the crazy snack lady, desperately trying to make food that goes with this theme as well. I decided to forgo the Black Plague pudding pop and instead make a Medieval Mix and other strange concoctions. We'll see how it is received. Right now, I am enjoying the calm before the storm.

Considering what day it is, let me just say how lucky I am to have had such a wonderful father growing up and have a husband who is such a wonderful father to our children. Today did not turn out to be the Father's Day I had hoped to give the hub, but it included time spent at church and as a family, talking to our families and laughing together. It was just what we needed.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment