Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Getting older kind of stinks

I turned 41 today sometime in the 11am to 12:30pm time frame. In 1972, I interrupted a shmancy brunch picnic that my mom was planning for lots of friends at their house. My "Aunt" Joan had to come over and entertain the guests, and my brother, while Mom and Dad ran to the hospital just in time. I came out feet first, ready to take on the world with a shock of orange hair. Even the hospital janitor knew about my crazy hair and came to visit. An exciting birth day for sure.

Today I woke up to three, no four, precious faces bringing me a traditional breakfast in bed. After the hub let for work, the kids and I enjoyed a little movie watching before starting the day:



We then went to Starbucks to get my free birthday coffee which turned out to be a total bust. They did not know how to deal with the info on my iphone app and so I left with a sad face. Many hours were spent working on VBS prep and refereeing fights between children who had no desire to be at work with their mother. While all this was going on, my mother was having surgery on her knee. The parents said not to come, there was no need for an outpatient surgery. Easier said than done. She made it through fine, but had a reaction to the anaethesia(sp). My dad called a bit ago needing help finding Pedialyte because she is sick. I wish I was there right now. The hub did a wonderful job of grilling a wonderful dinner and we dined with my brother and sister in law. We talked about a wide array of subjects including magicians, animal trapping and the Apple Dumplin' Gang. Never dull around here.

I focused a lot today on how it wasn't ideal for me. Working on my birthday. Refereeing on my birthday. Wah wah wah. So it wan't exactly what I wanted, selfish baby that I am. But I so realize how very blessed I am. I received texts and tweets throughout the day. My sweet husband worked so hard and gave me such a nice evening. My sweet G worked so very hard to wrap my presents. I am a blessed woman...and it took a different kind of day to put my mind in the right place. And I am grateful for all of it.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, it's late, but Happy Birthday anyhoo. Seems like important things go on when I get away from the net for a few days.

    ReplyDelete