Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Can you fill the tub tonight...

I am emotionally wrecked tonight after our roast and toast of my dear friend and pastor who will be leaving us to transfer to a new church. All a part of being a Methodist, but not a fun part.

So to add a little levity, I will give you a tiny vacation story. We were fortunate enough to stay at the Animal Kingdom resort while visiting the mouse and even received a free upgrade to a savanna room that provided us a view of wild animals(giraffes, zebras, ostriches, antelopes, etc)from our room balcony. Because everything in the facility was African themed, there were a lot of Lion King touches. Above the kitchen sink, you found this:



Carved into the headboard of the bed, you found this:



And in the shower you found tiling with this:



Of course, we live in an older home with old bathrooms...no frills. Many new homes have soaking tubs with jets and all that fancy stuff. My poor neglected children, cough cough, know nothing of these fancy ways. So when they found our fancy shower/soaking bath with jets, they went a little crazy. Most nights were shower worthy. Come in late from watching a movie while in the pool, yes IN THE POOL, and throw them in the shower to wash the chlorine out and then straight to bed. One of the nights was an early one where they were able to use to the fancy tub. I filled it to what I thought was the appropriate level of water, covering the jets. For whatever reason, when I turned the jets on, it shot water out and all over me. Nice. Add more water and start again. The jets worked nicely, so I left one of the children to enjoy the experience. I won't say which one, other than they were under the age of 13. I then took a glass of ice water in a feeble attempt to rehydrate and went out on the balcony to watch the Elands lock horns on the savanna. That lasted for maybe 5 minutes when another child came running out to report the bathing one was screaming for a parent. Seeing as how I am sure the other guests would not appreciate screaming, especially those in the super duper expensive Kilamanjaro Club above us, I quickly reported to the bathroom and pulled back the curtain. That is when I saw a strange sight. There were bubbles everywhere and the tiny top of a head in the center. "What did you do?", I yelled. "Nothing." I cleared my throat a bit. "All I did was add a few squirts of shampoo." There you have it. Operations child extraction and bubble removal began. The whole time we were cleaning the suds out of the tub so another child could go in there without getting lost of slipping to their death, we kept referring to ourselves as the "country mice". Maybe we'll stick to boring tubs next time. Hakuna matata.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment