Saturday, June 15, 2013

Rushing to the Farmer's Market

Happy Saturday evening to all of you. I hope your day has been sunny and full of fun. Not much to report from here. We went to return S's rented school instruments to the music store. Luckily for the hub, I forgot that the checkbook was in my purse. I tend to lose my head when in the music store. All the books and fiddly school instruments and reeds and picks and ukuleles and, oh my goodness, I have no control. We got out of there with just my purchase of a new penny whistle and a snare drum purchase for S. the real purpose for our trip was to find Father's Day gifts. There haven't been many ideas swirling around, so we decided to take him to a store he likes and force him to make choices. Mast General Store is like shopping crack for the whole family and we were there for a long time. It takes a lot out of kids to be good, so they were rewarded with some Cruze Dairy Farm ice cream at the Farmer's Market. Uh, yum. Purchased some more tomato plants at the market and then left to get home and out of the heat. The kids worked fervently on their Father's Day offerings and, well, they are too cute. We then went out for a drive and witnessed a minivan rear end a motorcycle. No one was hurt but the vehicles. So very glad that it wasn't any worse. Makes you take a moment to think about how careful we all need to be around motorcycles.

So aside from my son entertaining himself by dancing in front of the three way mirror at Mast, watching himself and drawing a crowd, it was a pretty dull but nice day in our neck of the woods. I think it is time for bed now. Last night's burger out did not sit well and made for a sleepless night. TMI, but you gots to be smart about meat safety at the restaurants. Blurg. Sweet dreams after that thought....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment