Sunday, June 23, 2013

Scooter wrecks and Dinner game decks

Today was a run of the mill Sunday. I conducted most of my worktime in a very professional way: barefoot. I did wear my Chacos today, but hit my limit on footwear very early in the day. The kids loved it, but some of the adults gave me the side eye off and on during the morning. Barefoot church...an innovative new concept. After checking in all the pagers and cleaning up the last of the nursery aftermath, I drove home to see what the family was cooking up. Not much, so we decided to go get some energy burned off in a non insanity producing way. So we took them to the soccer fields to ride their scooters, watch the dogs at the dog park and just generally wear themselves out. I walked around in the parking lot while the kids scooted around and screamed their lungs out. G had a scooter-tastrophe and wiped out at the bottom of the hill. SHe took some nice chunks out of her palms and her knee. The battle scars of summer. Somebody has to draw first blood, so she took one for the team. That kind of put a damper on her desire to scoot anymore, so we left and watched all the wild dogs at the dog park. That helpd their attention for exactly 3.5679234 seconds until the boy started riding his scooter down the drainage ditch. Luckily we stopped him before Children's officially named a wing after us.

After we returned home, rehydrated and the hub repaired the tomato plants, we ate dinner while playing with the Kids vs Parents deck of cards. I learned that the fathers of modern flight were Omnis and Willis Wright and that UFO's are Uniformed Frying Oddballs. My parental failures run deep...go ahead and judge.

I am now going to watch Pitch Perfect while I kick myself for taking a 10 minute power nap at 8:20pm. I will be wide awake for a good chunk of the night. Enjoy sawing your logs, everybody.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment