Friday, June 14, 2013

Appointment-ed to exhaustion

We had a lot of places to be and not quite enough arms, legs and family to get us there. Thankfully a friend offered to keep some of our brood while I took S to another check up with the GI doc. When I see all the little people in there who very obviously have severe issues, it is very humbling to know that S's problem is temporary when so many have such a long road ahead of them. Dr. Al-Tawil greeted S with the love and enthusiasm of a father seeing his child after a long trip...lots of hugs. Love him. He got to hear about all the bizarre preservative allergy business and gave his blessing in agreement with the other doctors. He wrote orders for more blood work to check her liver function after the allergic reaction. Next visit will be at the beginning of August. We did a little happy dance with that news. We then transferred one child to another engagement and then S and I went to my dentist's office. The black hole looking tooth in the back of my mouth was actually a black hole of exposed stuff where the temporary crown used to be. They were all very patient as I squirmed from the sensitivity and pain of the open, exposed tooth. Let's hope I can keep this temporary until the 26th when the porcelain one comes. Yeesh. Than it was back to the hospital for another scheduled blood letting. Never fun, but we got to watch Toy Story 3 for the 17,000th time. Excellent. Then I picked up one child and then went to pick another one up. The kids were invited to play in the community pool for a bit where they burnt their bodies up in the sun. Mother of the year right here.

On a somber note, it is my my sad duty to report the passing of our family friend I spoke of last night. Cancer is a horrible spectre that cannot be gone from our existence soon enough. Sandra was a sister friend to my aunt for many, many years and a well known fixture at church. I ache for the family's loss, but I rejoice that she is no longer in pain. So, in your bedtime prayers, say an extra one for the Hatcher family. They've lost their warrior, but have gained a guardian angel.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment