Thursday, June 27, 2013

Rain storms and sippy cups

At approximately 2:28am, we got a visitor in our bed. Quite honestly, I had been awake for a bit and was surprised it took that long for sweet G to come visit. Even with her trusty thunder protector and ear protection, her trusty sleep mask was no match for the rapid fire lightening. Honestly, I had been up for a good 7 minutes checking the Weather Channel on my phone to see if we needed to carry sleepy children down to the basement. When I saw tornadic activity was not near, I hunkered down with the girl and helped cover her ears while she covered her eyes. She fell asleep quickly, while I was repeatedly slashed by her sharp big toenail. Note to self: find the nail clippers.

The kids spent a Cousin Day at their great aunt and uncle's house while I worked. Don't judge me, but I still can't bear being in the house by myself. The absence of that sixth heartbeat is too lonely and quiet to bear. After getting my head trimmed up from yeti to acceptable mom, I did some work and gave myself a special treat, but only after finding an unused Visa gift card I was given at Christmas...so it cost my family nothing. Bonus. I picked up three exhausted kids, took them home to shower a couple layers of crud off their bodies and proceeded to fix dinner. I know, riveting stuff. My friend A texted me informing me it was new recipe happy hour and could she bring me a sample. I declined since coming over to this house is like stepping into the lobby at a funeral home and I don't want to put that evil on anybody. A little bit later her husband and youngest show up in the driveway with a sample and a sweet homemade card. It brightened up an otherwise gloomy day...and provided a yummy punch to the tastebuds. Her husband was kind enough to take a gander at our garden and give us some helpful ideas. Thanks, A and C!

We are now relaxing for the evening, I am checking the Weather Channel while writing. Just trying to decide whether or not to clip the kid's nails now or when she gets up tomorrow. I wouldn't mind a good heavy rain to sleep by, but I could do without the dramatic sound effects. I'll let you know how it goes....




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment