Thursday, May 9, 2013

Tug 'o warpath

Today was Field Day number one for our family. The boy will have his first ever tomorrow, well, the first one where he's actually a participant and not just a put upon sibling. But today was G's day. She was in a lot of things, not sure how that happened except that I think they had some absences and that gave her extra opportunities and I am so sure you all don't really care to know the minutae of this whole process. She had healthy participation today. While I enjoy the competition and general attitude of excitement and glee that comes from this day, I have less enthusiasm when it comes to the skin damage it comes from the lack of shade. Someday I will wise up and get one of those huge umbrellas that the hard core soccer parents have at the fields. But until then, I sit in my soccer chair armed with a bottle of sunscreen and a big water bottle.

G's class came in second out of four classes in her grade level. She is very competitive, so I know it was a slight disappointment. There was also a second place finish in her favorite event: the tug o' war. My child approaches her duties on the rope with the same resolve as one who is saving a kennel of drowning puppies from certain death. The kid is strong and hilarious to watch.




She paused from her steely focus to grant me one smile. Ah, yes. Another Field Day in the books and another year of preparation and sibling tossing to build muscles to be ready for next year. Watch out purple team!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment