Saturday, May 4, 2013

More rain...how surprising

As I sit here wit my children watching the "American Bible Challenge", which is actually more entertaining than I imagined it would be(how could it not with Jeff Foxworthy hosting), I hear the rain picking up outside. Again. I know, come August, we will way below the average for rainfall, but good gosh. This morning was another one of those miserable days to have kids in soccer. We sat there soaked and freezing while watching kids play ball and grown ups act like children. I never cease to be amazed at the people who act like, as Andy Cohen would call them, jackholes, in front of kids. Not really sure what they think they are accomplishing, but anyway.

S woke up with a pretty good fever and a throat that looked like she was storing nuts away for the summer. Goes with the territory, for sure. G and F have been such wonderful helpers. I can't begin to explain what troopers they have been...and all without one bit of complaint or backtalk. They are my heroes for sure.

Baby Drew has continued to do well, with little periods of stress. He has a long way to go, but we are so excited to hear about our little hero. He's an inspiration for sure.

Dear readers, I long for the days when I could post about crazy experiences at Pizza Inn and attack dog demonstrations in my parents backyard. I know those days will come again soon, but they seem such a distant dream. All I ask is that you stick with me through this trying time. I know we will encounter some sort of weirdness in the Panera parking lot sooner or later. I'll rush to share it as soon as it happens.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment