Saturday, May 18, 2013

Jimbo you drive my car...or sell us one

So we have been in need of a new vehicle for a while now. Although we hate the thought of taking on a car payment after being payment free for a while, it needed to be done. The thought of being forced into getting a new one because the old one croaked was not too palatable. So at 9am, when we really would have liked to be in the dark, still in bed and watching weird documentaries, we were driving in the rain to our first destination: a BMW dealership that had a trade in used vehicle we were interested in trying. Whlst waiting for said vehicle to get gassed up, we looked in a few kind of snazzy sporty cars...if you are in to that sort of thing. The hub cautioned me to be careful and watch my umbrella around one. It was only $120,000. Let's get two. Needless to say, the two yokels from the northern part of the county were small beans and nothing they wanted to negotiate with. Okay.

The next couple of hours were a bit of a blur as the hub played two dealerships against each other, reacting gleefully with each new phone call he received. Finally we settled with Jimbo as our salesman with the most zeal. Four hours or five hours later, I really don't remember, I left to go home and check on the patients and left B there to fend for himself. I think my lack of math skills made Jimbo a little annoyed, but maybe that helped to wear him down. I think it just made him sad. Anyhoo, B arrived in the driveway a good hour and a half later with a new vehicle.. The kids got a test drive and I have more peace of mind when my husband goes to work.

Oh well. Off to draw Sharpie lines on my kid's leg. The joys of infection that won't go away. Whoopee.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment