Thursday, May 23, 2013

Hotel etiquette

I was looking at the boy's book he made and laughed again at the "Let's go to a hotel" line and thinking about what was so fun about hotels growing up. My kids want to explore every nook and cranny, taking every souvenier thing you can take: the extra plastic cups, the notepad and pen, the extra soaps. I can still remember the yellow lights and star on the Holiday Inn sign and the sound of the ice machine. My mom always insisted on slippers in the hotel, Athlete's Foot you know. The craziest thing happened. We got to watch TV while in bed. It was the best ever. As we got older, the continental breakfast became more en vogue. What a treat! HBO...for free!!

I just wonder what my grandchildren will have to look forward to in a hotel. They are going to have to aim pretty high. I'm still old school:



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment