Sunday, May 19, 2013

Confirmation Day

Today was a big day in the life of our family. Our oldest was confirmed and is now a full fledged member of the United Methodist church. My Southern Baptist relatives have their baptism as the turning point day in their life as a Christian. We sprinkle our babies. While this is indeed a big day for us, their confirmation day is the day when they make the decision, after a period of study, to officially join the church and answer the historic questions. It was a lovely service and an exciting time. S was extremely proud to be professing her faith in front of the congregation. Pretty cool stuff.

Before the service, we all were working on getting decked out in church finery. Several months ago, I had a friend make a bowtie for the boy. I thought he would look quite dapper, especially for an occasion such as Confirmation. Only problem is, um, I don't know how to tie a bow tie. My brother does, but we were meeting him at church. I got on youtube(what would we do without it these days) and watched the video about 50 times to learn how to tie a bow tie. Couldn't do it. G watched it three times. And then this happened:



She is the coolest kid ever. I just want to squeeze her all the time. That picture is a good way to end things tonight. What more do I need in life? nothing.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment