Saturday, May 11, 2013

It was 17 years ago today....

Seventeen years ago today the hub and I were on a plane to Orlando to honeymoon in the happiest place on Earth. It was his first plane ride, well since the age of four. I was not feeling well. While all the little ladies helping me get into my wedding dress said it was nerves, it turned out that it was a sick tummy bug that lasted a few days while there..."Isn't it romantic...". Anyhoo, I thought it was ironic that on this day of our 17th anniversary, we woke up to go to the, well not the happiest place on Earth: the soccer fields. It was kind of happy because it was the last game and the start of a much needed break for all the kids. We watched games, the hub reffed two games and got grumped at by a coach who wasn't following the rules. My husband is not a rule breaker and refused to bend which caused a coach to say bad things about my husband to his team. It's a good thing I wasn't around there. A good thing. "Isn't it romantic...".

Before the soccer morning began, the children had a few anniversary gifts to share with us. S and G had both made sweet little crafts and used their artistic and literary talents to good use. They were lovely. The boy made me a book. A few years ago my mom took some fabric scraps and , very nicely and neatly, covered cardboard and paper to make all kinds of little blank books for the children to create masterpieces. The boy did one for us. Here it is as best as I can show and translate:



This is the cover. Animals...good start.



Our anniversary date. Glad he knows it.



"Have a good anniversary." We are eating salad and have drinks.



"Mom and Dad are happy. They got up to dance." You can tell he took some creative license. We don't do much dancing.



He said this says, "Shall we go?" and "No." Not sure where we were arguing about going. Maybe a discoteque.



"Let's go to a movie." We are at the theatre watching Indiana Jones, as clearly illustrated by the hat and whip on the big screen. The bottom of the picture shows theatre seats with one lone indiviual in the back, which he terms "Awkward". Okay...



This is where the twist in the story comes. I really don't know what to say other than my kids think hotels are great fun. He has not had any sort of "talk" yet, so don't get any ideas. After this twist, he brings it all home for us on the final page. The whole muse for his writings:



I love that kid. I love them all and I am so very humbled that God sent me such wonderful partner with whom I can share this crazy life with. The story of love.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: