Sunday, May 5, 2013

Boy inducing belly laughs

It has been rainy day number 312 it seems and our house and church seemed to have the mopiness to go with it. People walking around, looking half asleep, with no real smiles to be found. I was one of the most guilty, not feeling the effects of my coffee fast enough for my taste. The kids in the nursery were wild going on day two of no outside time. I'll bet there were a lot of forced naps this afternoon. No one had to force me to take a nap. Snuggled up with G reading "Ramona and Her Father", when she lost interest I was well on my way to lala land. A quick snooze, however, because I had to get ready for some visitors. S has had some close friends, more like her adopted twin brothers, since Kindergarten. They live around the corner from us and have a relative as our next door neighbor. We see them a lot. They came over, along with their mother, and visited S today. G and the hub had gone on a mouse trap mission to Ace Hardware(tis the season for mouse spawning in the woods...and our garage) and the boy had gone on a shopping expedition with his Nana. S was bored out of her mind and over the rain which was preventing her from watching our Chickadee family from her prime chair outside. One can only take so many reruns of Family Feud hosted by Richard Karn before starting to develop a facial tic, so she was beyond thrilled when they showed up at our door soaked and bearing fat free ice cream and books. After a rapid fire question and answer session about her current health status and how, in her weakened state, it would behoove her to join the online gaming community, the "let's make snappy retorts about each other" portion of the visit began. Then I saw something out of the corner of my eye...then I heard it...then I looked over and my child was laughing a silent, crying laugh that I haven't seen in a month. Her whole body shook. It was wonderful to see. Then after one of the boys asked, "So I heard you lost some weight...how much do you weigh now" and his mother chastizing him for asking a lady her wieght, she hee hawed. Just wonderful. After a hilarious visit, they family took their leave and she started on one of the books. A smile was on her face and a pink glow, for once not caused by fever, was on her cheeks. Great is the healing power of laughter.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment