Friday, May 17, 2013

Is it Wednesday yet?

So I don't know about the rest of you parents out there, but I am so ready for this school year to be over. I am not a fan of Summer weather for I do not like extreme temperatures of heat. Cold, I do not mind. I just dislike not being able to breathe with the air being so hot and thick. Yuck.

Today I took S to the doc, again, to have her leg examined. While in the hospital, she had to take vitamin K shots to help with the clotting of her blood. On day two of the shots, the nurse went to give her a shot and she jerked. The needle had pierced her skin, but they had to start over with a new syringe, etc.. That was April 25. Today, after having a leg that looked like something out of a creepy medical book photo, we found out she has developed cellulitis from the site of the injections. Where the infection came from is anyone's guess. The long and short of it is she's on some super heavy duty antibiotics for ten days, three times a day. Yoplait is going to have a boost in sales thanks to our family. I think we as a family are ready to charge forth and dive in to the Summer bubble for the next few months.

All things in perspective, we have learned of someone we know who has been diagnosed with cancer, having spots found on his liver. He has a young family. Pray for him and for his family. A big hearty @$#% to cancer and the havoc that comes in its wake. Beat this, man. You can do it.

Bedtime is nigh and hopes for a dark and stormy, but not too stormy, night are high. First sleep in Saturday in a long time...and I am up to the challenge of sleeping.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear S is hanging in so tough. Guess I need to add her stomach and her leg to my prayer list. I feel like I get special attention when I have really specific prayers for others. And the young father's liver. This fallen world sure seems to have it in for the wrong people.

    ReplyDelete