Friday, May 3, 2013

Numbers are falling...yay!

We went for our third trip this week to the lab and the GI doc's office. It was our shortest stint at the hospital yet. Dr. A had some good news for us: no more blood tests or appointments with him for two weeks. Yay! We love him, but yay! We took that muppet child home and sighs of relief were taken all around. After that good news, I received a personal call from the Infectious Disease doctor. I have to remember that the doctors are people just like me and you, but when you see the skill and expertise they display, it is often easy to place them on a pedestal as higher beings. Dr. P is one of those people who I feel honored to have spent time with, even if the circumstances were not the greatest. She called to tell me the best news I've had in a while: your daughter's numbers are looking better than I've seen in a week. She gave me an example about one of S's numbers. One blood marker they looked at should normally be no higher than 30 whatevers per whatever. Last Friday, S's number was 341 whatevers per whatever. It is now 53. The others are better, but still have a ways to go down. This really showed us just how sick she was. Honestly, I'm glad some of these little numbers were not shared with me last week. I was overwhelmed when I heard them today, but thank God they are better. She has a long way to go and I was told not to say things like, "If you behave yourself" or "If you do what the doctor says". This crud has a life of its own and will leave when it is ready...not when she is. We will always be grateful to Dr. P and Dr. A. They have given us our daughter.

We have just put her to bed, feverish and throwing up from the goop in her sinuses. I just pray this will pass quickly. She's so very lonely, sick and tired. Breaks our hearts.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I have a card from the Advanced Class for her. I hope I can find you at church tomorrow and get it to you.

    ReplyDelete