Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A little song, a little dance, a little punch in the eye

Today was a pretty average day. I did a fair amount of baking. S sat and watched our chickadee family gather red and green wiggly things for their soon to be hatched offspring. Riveting...I know you all are feeling it. After I completed the baking for several cookies and two pizza braids, I picked up the kids, took the boy to the doc to officially find out he had an ear infection and then headed to church for our last Wednesday night programming until August. G and the boy were singing with their different choirs. It is one of my two favorite performance times of the year...the other being the Christmas children's performance. Kids singing in front of people just opens up a world of possible hilarity. Just great. The boy sang first, at least first in terms of our offspring. He has a sweet little voice and appoaches singing with the same grave serious focus as that of a trauma surgeon working on a patient clinging to life: no humor whatsoever. They all were so stinkin' cute. What beautiful music! Next G and the GPS for Kids singing group presented their Spring musical. Every season I think that Ms. Kathryn can't do any better and every season she proves me wrong. The kids worked so hard and you could tell. I must brag on my girl for a second. I was so proud of her solo this year. The microphone worked and she sang so beautifully. I was so very proud of her.



She also had a little acting part where she and another character got in a fist fight on Field Day. I laughed my head off. It was very well acted...I think she had some pent up frustrations that needed an outlet. It was a wonderful night and I saw something from my G I hadn't seen in a long time: confidence and pride in her abilities. I love that kid. I love them all. What a wonderfully crazy and musical night!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. I was so glad that the microphone worked this time! She sang beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I spy a future Spring Tour singer?

    ReplyDelete