Friday, May 10, 2013

Fierce faced Field Day

Field Day number two today. I love Kindergarteners, but helping to keep up with 21 of them is like herding cats on an icy pond. We'd get one in place and another would be wandering around with another class. So mischievious. So very fun! The boy woke up and was dressed by 5:45...15 minutes before I was even slated to rise from my soft, warm surroundings. Excited doesn't quite cover what he was feeling, but you get the idea. His class came in third out of three, but they had heart. They came in first in the tug of war, a favorite with two of my three kidlets. The game faces they use are almost menacing, which is funny because they are sweet kids. While I would love to show you the recordings of their tug o' war battles, I sadly do not have the permission of all the parents. But I will say, it was excellent. I do have a good shot of the boy doing the ice cream cone relay. His ice cream never fell off:




He is now safely tucked into bed, with visions of rubber chickens and hula hoops dancing in his head. Tomorrow he will play a soccer game, his last of the season. While it is a bit sad that it is over, Summer break brings with it new opportunities for fun and sport...with maybe a few real ice cream cones thrown in. Yum!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment