Sunday, January 20, 2013

Walking out aggression....

I have a yucky sinusy coldy thing going on in my broken down body. I sound like one of Marge Simpson's sisters when I talk and feel like I had a one-two punch from a Super Joe Commander right in the face. But, for many reasons, I still had to go to work this morning. Sunday mornings are one of my work days and there is not a somebody I have to work for me when I am like this. Anyway after a relatively uneventful morning there, I went home hungry and very tired. Nothing out of the ordinary for anyone, but I had a little extra tired with this crud going on. I ate a piece of lunch meat and then settled myself in the corner area of the sectional with one of my favorite blankets to take the chill off and closed my eyes. First, a somebody decided they wanted to snuggle up with their mom which resulted in said blanket being half ripped off my body. Then they changed their mind. Then another decided to sit in the shot out desk chair which is about as quiet as a squeaky gate in a tornado. Up and down and down and up and flop and flop and flop. Then run down the hall to see what is going on and return to flop back in the chair. All the time the hub is loudly whispering, "Be quiet! Your mother is sick and trying to rest!". Stomping out of the room and deciding to play a song on the piano and then back to the cursed desk chair. and then running down the hall to reunite with the othe sibs. I had flipped and flopped and tried to power nap through the noise when came the deathnail to nap time: "THEY PICKED ME UP AND HURT MY ARM AND TRIED TO HURT ME!!!!". Wellll, there goes the nap. I then barked the order to get socks and shoes and coats on for an outside activity. Realizing that to attempt to play soccer in the yard would result in a two parent operation of removal form the rain/snow mud that would sound like a giant suction cup being pulled off a window. So we went for a walk. We saw lots of flotsam and jetsam. We saw beautiful birds with the most lovely blue accents. My oldest saw that someone liked cans of "Icehouse" tallboys enough, they had to throw them all into the woods. They all got to learn what "Icehouse" was. These are the kind of Sunday afternoon bonding lessons that I'm sure will stick with them right up to that very first toga party with the Sigmas or something like that. We saw our friends getiing ready to go to a birthday party and discussed real estate and neighborhood happenings. Then we arrived home...tired but full of fresh air from a beautifully sunny skied day. I didn't necessarily want to take the walk, but I'm so glad I did. We had a wonderful time and got our hearts pumping too. Lovliness.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment