Saturday, January 26, 2013

My child is loose in the city

My oldest got her wish and got to leave on her youth trip this morning. The younger siblings were mopey and annoyed, especially when there were doughnuts for the youth to have before they left, so we said our goodbyes and skipped out. Luckily my friend is a chaperone and joined Twitter last night. She's tweeting pictures throughout the weekend and texting us the play by play. S seems to be really enjoying herself, texting her FATHER five texts to my every half a text. Not like I gave birth to her or anything.... Those of us left behind enjoyed a day of nothing. It shames me to say, but I am wicked sore from my icy fall yesterday and still hacking from my sinus crud, so I took two naps today. And I think I will probably have no trouble going to bed tonight. No, I don't have mono I don't think, but I am zapped. After a nice visit to see my brother and his wife, we took the two out for dinner. The boy was stricken with a severe case of ants in the pants and bruised the bruises on my shin ten fold. He ordered the kid's pizza, sure that he would love it. His comments were as follows. First: "Mom, the black stuff they bake into this crust(char)is not good. They need to change their recipe." And second: "There are two things I'll take away from this meal-a loose tooth from that crust and the idea that next time I'll get chicken for dinner instead!". HAHAHAHA!! That kid has quite a future ahead of him. G enjoyed her burger and was beyond thrilled with the copious amounts of ketchup they brought her. Good gosh, restaurant, she could've floated her burger in that.

They are nicely tucked into bed. We are watching the filthy mouthed gold miner people. The term "gold diarrhea" was just used. There's some riveting television for you. I think I'll go watch more episodes of "Alias" on Xfinity on Demand. Who are we kidding? I'm probably going to fall asleep quickly. That's the way I party.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment