Friday, January 25, 2013

Baby it's icy out-....whoops...I fell

Well, Icepocalypse hit our fair city today. No school, but we already knew that. No departure for the youth trip...sad face. Announcement of an unplanned Saturday departure brought squeals of delight. The yard and everything in it was covered with a pretty but dangerous coating of ice. We stayed inside and watched the spectacle unfold on television. Twitter was exploding with comments and reports. Who needed Redbox? Fearing our 14 year old dog would have a Bambi on the ice experience, I took her out the front door since the amount of concrete before grass is far less than in the backyard. First trip out happened without incident. Next trip out, to drain her full bladder, started out fine. I was able to get her inside without her falling too much. I got up on the poch and busted it....pride included. I am currently employing a firey hot rice bag to try and calm it down. Not much I can do about my pride.

I am about to take something stronger than sugary sweet purple ibuprofen for kids. I'd better stop typing before I get sloppy. Later....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment