Saturday, January 12, 2013

Stil processing...

We had an interesting experience today which I am still processing. I am so sinusy and sore right now, I will save my opinions on today for another time.

Today, with the exception of the "event", was pretty boring. Because I was a bit of a grump, partially due to disliking the 73 degree weather in January and partially due to the massive back/shoulder/neck spasm I woke up with this morning, I was determined to not go out in the weather of the day. We stayed inside and wrote thank you notes, cleaned the downstairs and waited for the Comcast technician to arrive. I stood in line at the post office for a half an hour to buy forever stamps before they go up in price. Upon arriving home, I found that the technician had not arrived in his 10-12 window given us. After going back and forth on Twitter with my least favorite Comcast Twitter IT guy, "Comcast Michael", I was sent an ugly and snotty tweet from him which was less than a great idea on his part. I chose then to let the hub deal with them for the rest of the interaction. After the trouble we've had with them, I think I would be happy with a steady and daily stream of Bob Newhart show episodes from Netflix and ditch the cable. Our friend, Jim, is trying to bring us over to the dark side of AT&T U-Verse. Unfortunately for us, we live in a 3-6 house vortex where AT&T does not provide their cable service. Our neighbors three doors up have it...and it is around the corner. Maybe I watched too many Twilight Zone episodes and something happened. Anyhoo, I may have a talk with my twitter pal, "Comcast Bill", on Monday. He was who I asked for when "Michael" nosed his way in to the conversation. Comcast Bill ordered a manger to come clean up the antifreeze puddle left in our driveway after the technician's van blew up, endangering all the curious pets in the neighborhood who don't obey the leash law. I didn't ask for that, but he was appalled at the oversight and made it so. We love him.

Cable television is not that big of a deal. I am happy to read a book or sew something. I just can't tolerate rudeness. No siree bob. On a completely unrelated note, this is what my oldest wanted for lunch:



A plate of roast beef. And a slice of cinnamon bread. You people think I don't feed her since she looks like a child from a save the children ad. This was her choice...until I added some carrots and grapes to the mix. Take that, kid.

Tomorrow? Between an evening meeting and Downton Abbey, I will share with you the life changing event I was a party to even though I was grabbing my sinus pained head and hunching over like an old crone selling bags of birdseed. "Feed the birds. Tuppence a bag...".
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are feeling better. it's the time for the year for nasty cold and flu bugs.

    Anyway, I work for Comcast. I see that you are currently communicating with my colleagues. If you still need help, I am here to help.

    Mark Casem
    Comcast Corp.
    National Customer Operations
    We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

    ReplyDelete