Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Another convert....I'm so proud

My oldest has a friend spending the night tonight. I must admit that I have failed my children in this department. With an older house that is in various stages of remodeling, I am self conscious about having kids and people over who may think we are messy instead of "Under Construction". Kids don't care, I know, but it is just something I need to get past. So I asked the girls what they wanted to do. They chose to eat at Zaxby's, have some ice cream and watch a movie. Instead of getting a Redbox or ordering one from Pay per view, we chose to watch one from our personal collection. I asked her friend if she had seen a particular movie, which she hadn't, so we popped it in. Her life will never be the same:



When I saw it for the first time in middle school, my mind was blown. Tim Burton is such a genius. I love everything about it. And yes, I got to have Mr. T cereal myself many long years ago. They sit transfixed now, trying to figure out what in the world is wrong with this man. I have always loved Burton's way of using strange and unusual people in his films. Paul Reubens had his troubles, but he was a champion for the strange and had a children's television show that had no rival...except for maybe the Weird Al Show.

Well, goodnight all. Pee Wee is dancing to "Tequila". No more needs to be said.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment