Friday, January 4, 2013

Sadly winding down...

It is Friday and the kids return to school on Tuesday. It makes me sad. Very sad actually because not only are they going back, but the hub has started back to all day working. Not only will I miss his companionship, but I will honestly miss having a warm body at the house. I could drop the elementary schoolers off with him for some special time while I ran to go get the middle schooler. They enjoyed that time with him and I enjoyed the tiny bit of peace and quiet waiting to pickup S. Everything is working out as it should, I just had a nice thing going for a while.

The family went to see the movie, "Parental Guidance" today. It was not my choice, but the kids loved it and it turned out to be a pretty funny-tug-at-the heartstrings kind of movie. I wiped a few tears away. I'll admit it. After running some errands and doing some things around the house, the boy and I snuggled up to watch some episodes of:



I ate that time up. When the kids actually want to snuggle up, I'll take it every chance I can.

I wish there was a more exciting story for my day. It would be much more fun to read and write. But days like this, snuggling with my children and listening to them belly laugh, are few and far between. We can have weird experiences at Pizza Inn any time. Just hopefully not for a while.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment