Thursday, January 3, 2013

Feelin' the love

After the oldest had her sleepover, I took them to work with me for a little bit to send some emails. After taking her friend home, I received a call inviting us to one of the seven layers of hell also known as "Skatetown". The kids enjoy themselves, for the most part, but they are so exhausted and foul by the time they leave. The rest of the day is kind of shot all to Hades and I spend the rest of the evening washing the deep fried paint smell out of their clothes. This was the boy's first attempt to skate without my arms turning to jelly and my ankles getting ripped up. He was a wall hugger for 2.5 hours, often looking like Kilroy as he pulled himself up from a painful looking fall:



I vividly remember my first skating experience. We lived in Columbia, MO at the time and I went to a schoolmate's skating party. I fell so many times that, by the time it was over, my dad had to carry me out of the place, my mom had to lift me in and out of the tub and they had to help me into bed. I will not be at all surprised if he has trouble getting out of bed tomorrow. They all had a good time but were clearly done by the time we left. It was then stright home, into the shower and into pj's to start the relaxing part of the day. After dinner was over, the kids went to watch a show and I finished folding laundry. I had gotten a Netflix delivery of my favorite childhood cartoon, Jonny Quest, so I felt I was off the hook to work for a few minutes. Upon entering the family room after doing laundry, this is what I found...if looks could kill:



And yes, they were rockin' a vintage Wiggles sleeping bag...cause we are cool like that. They are going to hate me for this picture one day, but I love it right now. We could give this photo the caption of "Skatetown: The Aftermath". An update will come tomorrow when I see how hard it is for the boy to get out of bed. Have a lovely evening...bedtime is a comin' soon.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment