Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunshine can't stop my blues....

Today started off promising enough, I guess. I was so tired and had a hard time getting motivated to do anything. Flu has stricken some of the people I work with and so we were short staffed. Luckily I was able to get enough people to cover the classrooms and ran to ring bells before church. We got applause after our piece, which was nice and unusual. I sat down with my family and started the worship service. Then Baby Drew, remember him? His grandparents got up in the middle of service, signaled for our associate pastor to come with them and left the sanctuary. You could feel the tension of the entire church shoot up like the mercury in an August thermometer. Most of us started checking our phones for the Caring Bridge update or texts. Forgive me, Pastor Randy, but I caught just a few words of the sermon. I was worried and sick for the family. Then the text came telling us that Drew had taken a severe turn for the worse and had to go back on the ventilator. He has been successfully reintubated and is stable. The questions still linger as to why it happened and how to move forward. The mood was low all morning at church. Tears everywhere, worries and hopes and dreams for this fighter baby. He is going to be quite the man when he grows up. Watch out.

In the grand scheme of things, nothing is a big deal compared to the life of a baby and the struggle of this family. I think that the wieght of parenthood is a burden, a glorious one, that we all happily carry. One of my children has had a burden for several months. Tonight my child took a brave step and resolved to end the issue. Took the mature step and ended it, taking more than the lion's share of responsibility on . I will not go into detail for it is not my life to share. I share a lot, but know that I am proud of the bravery of my child.

If I wasn't emotional enough after all that, stupid Downton Abbey had to wreck my evening. I won't share the details for my west coast readers(I have none) or for those watching on Hulu or illegal downloads. Just know your gonna feel like you had a swift kick in the crotch after this episode. I'm now going to watch Bridesmaids to wipe the sadness of the day out and bring a little irreverence back. Pray for Baby Drew. Does he have a story to tell!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I agree. My emotions were low, but prayers high for Baby Drew; then I felt better after the worship service then teaching dance; then, BOOM, Downton Abbey hit.

    ReplyDelete