Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Too tired to blog....effectively

It has been a busy day, but I really don't know where it went. Work, wrapping, pick up line, choir practice and my little cousin's birthday party. He was awfully cute and it was nice to be with family we hadn't seen in a while. With a gaggle of kids between us and going in a million directions, we don't get together too often. The girls loved playing with the little ones and the boy enjoyed playing with other boys and doing guy stuff.

A lot of you have wondered, okay one made a comment and two others just asked me in Kroger, about the "event". I will give you a thumbnail sketch since I am hoping to go with the sleepy momentum that is building. The boy was getting his haircut, enjoying the barbershop atmosphere, when he saw a commercial for an upcoming event and said, "I want to go to that by myself...just me and Daddy." Jerry, in the middle of cutting his hair, said, "Wow. He didn't even try to whisper that. He just put that request right out there." I wasn't shocked at all. Fortunately and unfortunately for him, it turned into a whole family affair. So we ordered our tickets, purchased our necessities and headed to the venue for the event. On the way, I contacted my friend E whose family attends these events on a grander scale, even spending a week in Vegas to watch the big wigs. She gave us some pointers and we were good to go. Then we arrived to this:



Yes, we went to Monster Jam. Now for someone who had been suffering from hellish sinus aching in their teeth and head, this was not the best place to be. But we will do things for our children that we won't do for others. The kids all had their ear protection on, the smells of exhaust and popcorn were in the air and we clearly had forgotten our colored hair spray. The boy was excited and the girls were as well. The hub was in severe back pain from the not so comfy seats and I, as mentioned before, felt like my teeth were going to fall out. The show was a very different experience, not bad, just different. A truck got a little too peppy and tipped over, which we found out later was an extra bonus when you can get it. This was the boy's reaction:



We survived it, marked it off our bucket list. We'll see if he ever asks to go again. I'll just say this about it: WWF for trucks. Bad acting, yelling and breaking trophies. It was what it was.

I'm still paying for the fact that we did not get the boy a Metal Mulisha skull mug snowcone. Oh well. He can work it out in therapy. I'm going to bed and listen to the no longer calming, now annoying, sound of rain. It can stop anytime.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment