Thursday, January 10, 2013

Listen(ooh wah ooh), do you want to know my secret...shame?

I shouldn't call anything my secret shame. After all, one man's secret shame is another man's pride and joy. As I've been sitting and listening to Cat Steven's, a singer some think should be a secret shame, my mind drifts towards movies/books/music that I might be a little hesitant to admit I like. Why, you ask, would I be thinking about such things? It has been a stressful day and I am simply trying to do anything to take my mind off of the yuck. So, to perform a secret shame exorcism of sorts, I have decided to reveal some of mine to you, my two readers. I will not share them all...I have to have some secrets from you people. Here we go!

1. My book is one that my mother tried to get me read for years. I refused...until I finally gave in and couldn't put it down. Then I watched the ABC mini-series. I know he has since come out of the closet and would not think of giving me a second look, but Richard Chamberlain was excellent as the priest with a secret and a lust for power:



2. My movie doesn't have as much to the movie content as the super cheezy soundtrack, because I have supermad love for James Garner...and the hub knows this...Murphy's Romance:



3. My Saturday night show is for the senior citizens in all our lives. As a young girl, I found it a bit torturous. Now, well, you know how I feel about accordions:



"Goodnight, sleep tight and pleasant dreams to you....".

4. My song is a story of a woman and the love she has for her beloved steed. If you don't shed some sort of tear for this song, well, you have no heart. I'll sing it loudly in the privacy of my locked car:



5. Lastly, my PBS show of choice. He showed us calm, genteel love and a world where we can do what we like:



Oh heck, who am I kidding? There is no shame here. Bob Ross was the painting stud, pure and simple. I'll wear a tshirt with his big, beautiful afro anywhere I go.

Okay, enough sharing. I don't want to lose the two readers I have. Let these percolate for a while. I'll discuss things less shameful tomorrow. For now, I'm going to make happy little trees with my paint app.....
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment