Saturday, October 20, 2012

Why can't I be happy with what I have?

Soccer Saturday sans S's game. It was hard for her to just be a teammate and not a player. A tie that shouldn't have been against a dirty playing team and filthy mouthed parents. Makes one weep for humanity at times. G's game was cancelled and the boy's game was a blowout...and not in a good way. S and I watched Rear Window together today. It is my favorite movie of all time and I was her age when I first saw it. She wasn't sure at first...too much chatter. But then she got hooked. Her first full Hitchcock. A big deal for an avid Hitchcock fan such as myself.

We spent some time today with a friends and coworkers of the hub. What a neat and unique house they had, full of cute artwork, decorations and unique architecture. The kids kept coming over and whispering to me, "This is the coolest house, ever!". I felt hot shame thinking about our house. Nothing unique, really. Nothing that anybody's kids would envy. Nothing that I was excited about having seen, knowing that I will have to reciprocate the favor of an invitation someday. These feelings sullied my whole experience. Why can't I be happy with the house I have? People don't come to the house for the house. I assume they come to spend a little bit of time with us. There are so many people hurting and sad and wanting for companionship and love. The wouldn't care in what wrapping that love came, be it shack, double wide or Cape Cod. How selfish of me to throw the gift of love and companionship to the side and worry about appearances instead. Lord forgive me when I whine, I have a home...the world is mine.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Fenwood Dr,Knoxville,United States

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately, we humans covet what others have. Even Eden wasn't enough for us, we wanted more. Actually, it goes back before humans were made. Lucifer was cast out for trying to claim God's glory.

    As little as you complain, you do better than most & a LOT better than me.

    ReplyDelete