Monday, October 8, 2012

I wish this was make believe

Some days it is really best just crawl back in bed and cut one's losses. But I didn't and I am paying for it now. I'm not going to talk long since I have excruciating pain in my back and neck. Jenny what happened, you ask. It is not as glamorous as you might think knowing me....cough cough. I have a child who has grown an incredible amount in the last month and a half and is in desperate need of clothes. So I braved the rainy Monday dreariness and went to Target. After getting the clothes shipping done, I realized we were low on milk and fruit, so I went Krogering. That is always an adventure. I was anxious to get home and put the groceries away. This cold has zapped me of some precious energy, so I hoped to get in a little nap. Walking into the house, I noticed that the dog had made a puddle in the floor. Blast it. I put my first load of bags down, admittedly cursing about the fact that I was out of Swiffer Wet Jet pads and would have to paper towel and Fantastik this accident. I went out and got the next load and stepped back into the house. The apparent "Urine Trail" ran farther than I realized and I stepped into it with a slippery Converse One Star and took off like Bambi on the ice....eggs in hand. I didn't fall all the way, but torqued my body in a way to where my neck and back are screaming out loud. It is funny now, well, no it isn't really. Doctor: "Uh yes, Jennifer? How did this happen? Me: "We'll in an attempt to get all my frozen items put away, I postponed cleaning a 7 foot stream of dog urine and slipped in it." Doctor: "Ohhh-kaaay." Then the doctor makes ten minutes of notes in my chart about the fragile state of my mental health.

I'm going now. The hub is going to put Biofreeze on my back. "Isn't it romantic...."


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment