Sunday, October 14, 2012

I love my husband...a lot.

It is now 9:17 in the pm on a Sunday. My husband is helping S with this blasted biome project she has to make into a power point presentation. I got the younger two to bed. I got the easy part, especially since they were tired to begin with. G read some books to the boy, drew me a robot-alien and then together we watched a video on YouTube of September by Earth, Wind and Fire. What? Sparkly, swirly musical men in strange, tunic-esque outfits. What better way to drift off into LaLaLand? I go to find the two of them tearing up the bookshelves looking for a copy of "The Magician's Nephew". Fuzzy memories, tired soccer brain, and leaving the book at school made for difficult completion of an essay due tomorrow. Luckily our friends, and two of my five blog readers, had a copy and graciously tore themselves away from "Sherlock" to meet the hub at their door and loan it to us. I love that series, so I appreciate their sacrifice. I came downstairs, read the hub's latest tweet that said, "Sixth grade is going to put me into a home," and knew he was going to be driven either to drink or ice cream. Having an excruciatingly painful back, watching your daughter's middle school game reffed by the most incompetent officiating duo on the planet and then having to help with minutiae like "What is the difference between a grassland and a savannah" have exacted their toll on his fragile Sunday evening patience stores. Fall Break cannot come soon enough. But knowing our luck she will have teacher who wants to build character by giving them a learning experience due Monday. I will then cry. My husband will shut down.

It is now 9:47 in the pm and she is going strong. But oh how soon 6 in the am will arrive. The whining will be heard county wide. No need to set alarms. The hub has given her a five minute warning....he is painfully hunched, looking over her shoulder and instructing her on how to find her working folder for her presentation, gingerly holding one foot up a little to try and relieve the discomfort in his back somehow. The man is a saint. So glad he's mine.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment