Monday, October 22, 2012

I feel so bad that I can't stand these debates

It has been a long day. Due to scheduling stuff, our staff meeting(and my work day)got rescheduled for today. It's all good...just threw the natural balance of my WORLD off today. Anyway, I got my work done so I can prepare for the Chili Cookoff at church on Wednesday. We had our monthly staff luncheon at the Chop House, as requested by our birthday boy and girl. I sat at the rowdy end of the table, which is where I like it. Between discussions on excessive use of hand ground salt and pepper by Coop and Melissa's obsession with Air Supply and 80's karaoke, I think our senior pastor may have wondered if the other end of the table might have been a better option. I will admit that I did sing some, too, but mostly obsessed about the copious amounts of pepper ground onto salad. Yes, I told you I'd mention it, but you've got to admit that's a lot of pepper. I know what you're getting for Christmas.

After watching a middle school soccer game and making sure the boy didn't decapitate someone with his wicked frisbee throw, we got the kids down for the night and settled down for dinner and relaxing. I enjoyed a piece of my brother's wonderful bread. Bread Whisperer he is for sure. I was enjoying the nice evening, riding a tasty bread high, and then I realized what was on TV tonight. Wanting to be responsible, I tried really hard to watch the debate. I lasted about 5 minutes and then the hub and I got into an involved discussion on real estate. The next thing I knew, "Call of the Wildman" was on and Romney/Obama were but a distant memory. Someday I'll be able to sit through one...the same day I learn to sit through the Sate of the Union. A girl can dream, right?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment