Thursday, October 4, 2012

It's official! We embarrass our children...a lot.

Well. I did it today. Honestly I had a good run, but it had to end sometime. I have officially become embarrassing to my children. It wasn't the act that I fell asleep in the pick up line. Luckily I woke up with 5 minutes to spare before the honking started when the line stalled. It wasn't that I was wearing an A&W tshirt in said pick up line. It wasn't the fact that, with the windows rolled up and every attempt at modesty made, I let my son pull a Lloyd Christmas in a Diet Coke bottle. Sometimes a mom has to do what a mom has to do. And it wasn't that I had a dryer sheet stuck to the back of my shirt when I went to help a the book fair. What I did was apparently much more grievous than any of those other things. It is a three part offense. First, I downloaded a song that didn't come from Nick or the Disney Channel. Second, I played the song....which was Xanadu, written by one of my favorites, Jeff Lynne. And third, I danced to Xanadu, performed by Olivia Newton John and ELO. When a little friend came over to stay with us for a bit while her mother did an errand, G turned the music off. At that point, it had switched to Peter, Paul and Mary....but that's not the point. When I asked her why she turned it off, she said, "It's embarrassing, Mom." Really? I had even stopped dancing before her friend came in the house. When Xanadu was playing, the boy even said, "Mom has lost her mind. This music sounds loopy." Well. There you have it. I know I acted the same way. It is just funny what they find embarrassing.

Have a restful slumber and someday I'll share with you how we have become idiots in the eyes of middle schoolers.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I was told that I embarrassed my daughter by yelling at football players on TV....and we were the only two people in the house :)

    ReplyDelete