Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Chili Cookoff induced foot pain-itis

We had our annual chili cookoff to benefit our church's conference camp tonight. My friend, PJ, and I decided to have a table and enter a chili. She made some wonderful white chicken chili. Yummy! Each entry is judged and awards are given. Table decor is also judged and awarded. While the chili contest is going on, there is also a dessert contest going on as well. Same rules apply. Our friends and rivals took home first place from the judges for their table and their chili. Our chili that PJ made received the People's Choice award. We were pleased, but we were most pleased that over $900 was raised for our favorite camp. The boy was our salesman and would ring our bell every time someone gave us a donation. What do you think?



I thought he was pretty cute. I will say my pumpkin cookies with penuche frosting came in third place. Bragging rights but no trophy. Oh well. Seeing as how I never win anything, I'll take the bragging rights. I will also be taking some major Motrin, as my feet feel like they could fall off. Right now.

So we didn't sweep the contest. That's okay. We've got plans already in the works for next year. Big plans. But now it is bedtime.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: