Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fetal position time out

It has been a long, emotional day. It didn't help that I didn't sleep well last night. Our 14year old crazy lab, Cosby, took advantage of the "windy day blew the gate open" incident to have an excellent adventure through the neighborhood. Bill and Ted did not invite her and I doubt she was looking for historical figures...more like garbage and rabbit poop on which to feast. Once you have a scare like this, it is nearly impossible to go straight to sleep until the adrenaline dies down a bit. All of the "what ifs" and "what would we have dones" are mosh pitting through your head like people at a Johnny Quest performance(circa 1992 for me). So when I woke up this morning, I was a bit sleep deprived and head ached. The morning at work was fairly busy which is a good thing, for it makes the time pass quickly and the carrot of an afternoon nap doesn't seem like such an impossible dream. Unfortunately the nap was not to be, as someone I dearly love got injured today. I ask for you prayers for their quick and complete recovery, as it may be a longer road than they would like. The knowledge that an overnight hospital stay will not be warranted this time is wonderful. We all rest better in familiar surroundings. So after that, several of us were in need of a nap or a stiff drink or both. I think I'll settle for a glass of milk and an early bedtime...with visions of Bill S. Preston,Esq., Theodore Logan and Napoleon at the waterpark dancing in my head. Excellent.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment