Monday, May 21, 2012

Whoooo are you?

The school year is winding down. I am lacking for material that is very entertaining because, frankly, I do not have time to observe the goings on around me. This is a fact that saddens me, for I thrive on people watching. The most entertainment I have is the watching of my children as they beat the crud out of each other by day and then snuggle together sweetly at night while having a "slumber party". I ride around in the car going from venue to venue playing mix CD's with Yes and The Who and Tony Christie, making the children learn about real music. Rockin' in the Sequoia with the windows down singing "Is this the way to Amarillo?" while driving to Kroger...yeah we're gangsta. When I do have a few minutes to kill, like at recital rehearsal, I tend to draw weird things. Yes, Mrs. M, the girl in your art class who you said had no artistic talent, draws. Not well, but I do. So after a recent trip to Walgreens where I made the kids listen to "Behind Blue Eyes", I had Roger Daltry on my mind. So I drew him. Again, not well, but who cares?



I ran out of room for a windmilling Pete Townshend, but maybe next time.

I promise to contribute more humorous observations of people soon. With the start of summer and visits to pools and parks, there should more than ample material. Until then, stupid drawings will have to suffice. Thank you for your patience.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment