Sunday, May 6, 2012

Treasures to be found

I am always excited to find a treasure in the midst of ordinary things. Our church had a Rummage Sale on Saturday. Every other year, church members clean out their attics, closets and basements so other people can fill theirs up. Usually we are at the soccer fields and can't attend, but the rained out Soccer Saturday gave us a rare opportunity. I usually go two places in particular: books and household items. I like looking for cookbooks and cutter quilts for potential sewing projects. When I went in the book section this year, I found a Ball Blue Book, which I always enjoy, and a bread maker recipes book. But I found a real treasure. Some of you know that I am "on the Twitter" as some people say. I have enjoyed following and chatting with a local newscaster for the ABC affiliate's morning show. She's a mom, has a wicked sense of humor and loves to sew. Now she, unlike myself, can sew beautiful clothes. She enjoys looking at the pattern books and making clothes for herself. I found a notebook that had a retro looking woman on the front with some fancy French name on it. When I opened it up, after being hit with the smell of musty basement, I found gorgeous pictures that looked like outfits on Mad Men. I took a picture of one of them:



The patterns were from 1969. They had clothes for kids and adults. Really cool find for a dollar. Realizing it was lost on me, a stuffed animal sewer, I sent it to my newscaster friend through our local investigative reporter friend who works with her and goes to our church. I know this is all very boring, but I was excited to find something like that for so cheap. My six degrees, you know?

Tomorrow my girl runs in a track meet. She is excited and I am nervous! Get used to it, Jenny. Hopefully tomorrow will provide exciting material to report...here's hoping!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment