Monday, May 14, 2012

It is never dull around here...

Today started out normal enough. Took the girls to school, came home and had a little snooze snuggled up with the boy while he watched The Avengers. We then met some of his buddies at the gymnastics place for open play which always leaves me a bit frazzled in the nerve department. For example:






He has little or no fear, so I try to embrace it as much as possible...until I can't anymore.

I had to leave directly from the gym and go get G from school. Her poor cheeks are covered with a rash, some allergic thing they think, and so she went home for a nap and then doc appointment. After all of that, it was time to pick up S and go to dance. Stressful, but nothing unreasonable.

Today a family lost their dad to cancer. They had visited our church some, but I knew their story mostly from their blog that chronicled his battle with cancerous brain tumors. They had all handled this very long struggle with such patience and grace. My heart breaks for their loss, but rejoices in his freedom from the shackles of pain and sickness. I find these times important, selfishly or introspectively I'm not sure, to help me gain much needed perspective in my own life. Sure I'm stressed and my husband has a bad back and my child has an awful rash on her face, but I have them with me. I am not planning a funeral or wondering how to face life without a spouse or father for my child. There are hiccups in my current timeline, but nothing I can't handle. These times make me think of the Joyce Lovelet Crawford poem "The World is Mine" that my mom used to recite to me. "Oh God forgive me when I whine, I'm blessed, indeed, the world is mine.". I need to remember this always.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment