Friday, May 25, 2012

The spine needle strikes again

The hub went in for injection number two today. As discouraging as the first one was, the doc did make him feel better. Apparently only about 20% of people don't need additional injections. Knowing he was not a rare case that freakishly did not work made him feel better.

I sat watching bad daytime television and watching for my hospital beeper to light up and give me word of his progression through the process. I was nervous and bored and lonely and full of hope. Thank goodness for the iPad. It got awful lonely.

I took him through a drive thru to get a milkshake and then we made our way home. He still has pain going down his leg, so we aren't sure how effective this injection will be. Two days to one week will tell the tale.

He is sleeping now. I know that we both have such hope tied up in the power of a shot. I dread the morning, because I worry if he wakes up with zero change. How will I make it alright for him...make him know everything's going to be okay. I don't know. Just pray this one works. Please....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: