Monday, May 7, 2012

Her legs are longer than my child!

Today was the track meet for our school. There are several going on throughout the week. I am very confused as to how they chose to divvy up the schools, but we ended up being in the "East" track meet today. We are a North school, but we're placed in a different category this year. Anyhoo, my friend, the boy and I traveled to Austin East High School to watch our children compete...her son in the long jump and my S in the 400m. I had no illusions going into this whole process. Do I have faith in my daughter? Absolutely! Without question. Is my child a sprinter? No. She does little sprints in soccer, sure, but never a 100m or 200m and surely not a 400m. When I saw the line up, I knew the outcome:



There was someone closer to her size, but come on. Even if she was a sprinter, she would have had to run three times faster to keep up. Nothing's impossible and she gave it her absolute best. She ran the whole time and never gave up. That is all her dad and I can ever ask. She was a bit upset, but her friends cheered as she returned, patting her on the back and telling her it was okay. That's the biggest prize she could ever receive in my opinion.

Will she ever be a world class sprinter? Doubtful. Will she do her absolute best in everything she attempts? You know it! That makes me the proudest parent of all...
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment