Tuesday, May 22, 2012

All over but three hours and some tears

Tomorrow is the last day of school. I can't believe it, quite honestly. This has been a very challenging year, but it has flown by. I now have a rising 6th and 3rd grader. Good grief.

I will cry tomorrow, hopefully not an ugly cry, because my girls are growing up. It seems like yesterday S was toddling around, calling the dog "BaBa" and helping her Uncle Mike with his laundry by folding the bandannas. G had a big gummy, impish grin that made her eyes almost disappear and those big sloppy kisses she gave without reservation. It seems like, in the blink of an eye, they've turned into young ladies. Just mindblowing.

Tonight we had our dinner out to celebrate good report cards and the start of summer. We will be celebrating our beloved Pastor Jim at his retirement roast, I mean celebration. We went to Pizza Inn(blurg)without incident, although the boy was really over the whole experience after the girls had their 57th fight:



Maybe they'll get tired of that whole business...I know we are.

Well, I must retire for the evening. The boy has a post adenoidectomy check at 7:50 in the morning. Really? I mean, REALLY?!?! We'll get through it and then go get the sisters at school, say our goodbyes and "Woot woot" all the way home. Yay!!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment