Sunday, May 20, 2012

Another favorite...gone.

Two thirds of the trio and the second half of the twins of the Brothers Gibb has passed away. Robin Gibb succumbed to cancer and long time intestinal problems today. Although Barry was my favorite Bee Gee and Andy was my favorite of the brothers, Robin sang one of my favorites. My parents had the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack, which we wore out. We also had this album:



Ernie played a mean Robin for sure. As a child born in the seventies, you either loved the Bee Gees or you hated them, kind of like Barry Manilow vs Neil Diamond. I have always been a lover of tight harmony, good hair and a well grown beard. They had it all. I mourn the passing of a legend, but I am glad he is no longer suffering. Be strong, brother Barry. We appreciate you and your brothers and your enormous contribution to music. I'll now go listen to "I started a joke" and shed a tear for Robin...
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment