Saturday, December 10, 2011

A visit to the place where the holidays exploded

Today was one of those days where I needed to get five million things done and failed miserably. I did get S to practice for the Christmas concert at church. They sounded very sweet and looked a bit intimidated by all the orchestra members. Then they sang for the ECM Christmas party dressed up as angels...too sweet. Above are the wings that S wore with her costume. Kind of strange. The boy enjoyed his treat at the party.  Can you tell?  Then we got her black pants for the concerts. I know, I know...the excitement is overwhelming. After a day of being very unproductive, no gifts wrapped...no treats baked...we decided to take the kids to the Shadrach's Light Show at the Smokies Stadium. It indeed was like the holiday season exploded in a parking lot:
The kids enjoyed it and the peppermint Ice cream they got when we arrived back home. I wish I had a crazy buffet story or a strange musing whilst watching people at the mall, but I don't. Just a run of the mill day, time with family. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment