Friday, December 30, 2011

That boy is going places

Today was a busy one, although I can't honestly remember all that went on. It has been nice spending time with my parents at my childhood home...just wish I could do it more often. Tonight we went to my little cousin's first birthday party. It was cute, just as all first birthday parties are. She loves to dance and bopped up and down to music, allowed herself to be passed around to loads of awaiting arms and gave herself a new hairdo with buttercream icing. Adorable of course. The kids were on the verge of getting whiny, so we left after she was cleaned up and decaked. We got home and ate dinner while watching Chuck, our family's favorite show. Appointment television on Friday nights around here. The kids were growing even more tired after this and emotional since it was an emotional episode tonight. So, we had them march their sleepy carcasses upstairs and get ready for bed. S was trying to get her contacts out, it was the first time she'd had them in in a while(long story). Getting them out of her eyes was proving to be a difficult task. She was exhausted which then brought on tears. G was complaining her eyes hurt and was sitting and rocking with a wet washcloth on her eyes and face. I finally got her to bed. The boy's feet were hurting, so I had to rub those while the hub was giving S a contact removal pep talk. Finally they came out and the girls were both in bed. I took this as my golden opportunity to get ready for bed. Because of the events of the day, sorry to say this, I had not had a chance at the bathroom for a good six hours. Things were getting critical very quickly. The girls had tucked themselves in bed and had failed to turn the light off at the wall switch. "Mom! Can you turn our light off?". I told them them I was very sorry, but I needed to have a bathroom trip immediately or there would be a puddle in the floor(sorry). Just then, the boy said out loud to no one in particular, "Good grief. Everybody in this family has issues tonight!". This is what I live with. The token humorist for the preK set. Needless to say, it is never dull around here....

No comments:

Post a Comment